Duration: Half a day (AM)
The purpose of this standard is to provide the candidate with knowledge and skills in the safe storage, transport, dressing and mounting of abrasive wheels.
The scope of this standard covers:
- abrasive wheels used for: portable grinders, angle grinders, disc cutters, and bench/pedestal mounted grinding machines
- hazards, risks, and controls
- markings and selection
- storing handling, and transporting
- inspecting and testing
- components and functions
- assembling and mounting
- dressing and mounting on bench/pedestal (not portable)
- main abrasive wheels legislation.
This course does not contain any practical content on inspecting, storing and mounting abrasive wheels.
Half Day (AM)
6th July, 2021 (AM)
Suite 28, Craven Park Training and Enterprise Centre, Preston Road, Hull.