Duration: Half a day
The purpose of this course is to ensure delegates understand the risks associated with working at height and is specifically designed for anyone who works regularly whilst wearing a harness or lanyard for support as well as those in need of fall arrest in their occupation.
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations -understanding your legal duty including the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and the PPE Work Regulations 1992.
- The responsibilities of the employer and employee
- Working at Height – Risks & Hazards
- Working at Height – Planning & Preparation
- Work restraint, work position & fall arrest
- CE Marking, trace-ability and record keeping
- Types of Safety Harnesses – Waist Belt & Full Body
- Types of Lanyards – Restraint, Fall Arrest, Fixed, Adjustable, Loops, Sliders, Inertia Devices & Connectors
- Anchor points and types of connectors
- Rescue Plan Awareness
- The importance of issuing and using the right harness and lanyard
- How to put on, fit, wear, work in and store the different types of harnesses
- The importance of regular safety harness and lanyard inspections, who is responsible for this and how often this must be done
- A step by step guide of how to inspect safety harness & lanyards including inspecting webbing, buckles, attachment links, web tides and stitching.
- The importance of issuing and using the correct PPE, and step by step guide of how to inspect it
16th March, 2021
Suite 28, Craven Park Training and Enterprise Centre, Preston Road, Hull.