Steps and Ladders
Duration: Half a day
The purpose of this course is to teach delegates the appropriate selection and use of ladders stepladders. If you use a ladder in your occupation, attending this course will be beneficial to your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Health and Safety Laws & Regulations – Understanding your legal duty including the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and the PPE Work Regulations 1992.
- The responsibilities of the employer and employee
- Working at Height – Risks, Hazards, Planning & Preparation
- Getting to know and identify the component parts of ladders and steps
- The types, selection and use of ladders and steps
- Ladders and Steps – British and European Standards
- Ladders and Steps Safety – Ladder Duty Rating or Class
- Defects in ladders and steps
- Ladder and Step Safety – Safe use including carrying, positioning and securing.
- Detailed inspections of ladders and steps and frequency of inspections
- Maintenance records and the importance of maintenance
- Maintenance and storage of ladders and steps
21st January, 2021
Suite 28, Craven Park Training and Enterprise Centre, Preston Road, Hull.